5 Inventions That Changed the Way We ‘Capture the World’
Posted on October 07 2013
Can you name any inventions that contributed to photography? There are many inventions that have made photography what it is today. I am going to talk about 5 inventions that changed the photography industry and why I think they are worth taking a look at.
- Camera Obscura- This dates back to ancient times where they used a pinhole to project an image and people would manually trace what they saw.
- Film- I actually started on film which is a little hard to believe. Film of course started with the invention of the first motion (video) camera. This was vital in the movie industry and look how far we have come.
- Polaroid – I included this because before Polaroid we had to wait to see the results. This started that instant gratification of seeing what was captured within a matter of a few minutes.
- Digital- Now allows us to instantly see what we captured in a matter of a second. It opened the door to many more hobbyist enjoying the art of capturing moments in time.
- iPhone- Apple claims that more photos are taken with the iPhone than any other camera.